Pure low carb guiltless comfort food that can be served as a main entree or side dish. This casserole freezes well.
Creamy Turkey Sausage Zucchini Bake
This casserole is a savory blend of turkey sausage, zucchini, and a creamy sauce. The topping is not necessary. However if you do prefer something crispy (but low carb)- crushed pork rinds work well!
- 1 12 oz. tube turkey sausage
- 4 6-8" zucchinis
- 1/2 c. onion coarsely chopped in bite-size pieces
- 10.5 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 c. crushed crackers, chips, or pork rinds not necessary, only if desired
- 2 tbs melted butter only if crispy making with topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 2qt. baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until brown.
- Slice zucchinis and onion into bite size pieces and add to skillet with turkey. Drain off excess fat.
- In a large bowl, combine soup and sour cream. Fold in sausage, zucchini, onion mixture.
- Spread sausage mixture in prepared baking dish. Bake, covered for 15 minutes. Uncover and add crushed topping, drizzle with butter and bake for 15 minutes more to crisp topping.