Porcupine (turkey & rice) Meatballs
These delicious meatballs are not in the same category of regular Italian meatballs that go great with spaghetti (although these could.) Porcupine meatballs are in more of a comfort food/ meatloaf category. If you like, you could serve them with pasta, regular egg noodles, or (the way we prefer them) with mashed potatoes!
- 1 lg, egg
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TBS Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. rice
- 1/4 c. green pepper diced
- 1/4 c. onion diced
- 2 TBS breadcrumbs Italian
- 1 TBS ketchup
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c. water
- First, preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a jellyroll baking sheet with a non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg,mix in ground turkey, garlic, Parmesan cheese, rice, green pepper, onion, breadcrumbs, and ketchup. Stir until well combined.
- Next, scoop mixture into meatballs using a ¼ c. scoop and then place on the prepared baking sheet. This should make 15 meatballs (or 1 meatloaf.)
- This first bake is for 25 min.
- After the first 25 min. turn each meatball over and bake for another 25 min.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan warm up tomato soup, brown sugar, water and , Worcestershire sauce for the gravy.
- Finally, remove from oven and serve with mashed potatoes and gravy. Enjoy.