Best Quick Chili
"This is a tasty low-fat chili recipe that is sure to please. The guys here call it "real cowboy food," John Wayne would be proud! This simple skillet chili recipe was developed over 20 yrs ago when we won 1st place with it in a "Newlyweds' Chili Cook-off Contest."
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb. ground meat turkey or beef
- 1/2 c. onion diced
- 1/2 c. green peeper diced
- 1 15.5 oz. can kidney beans do not drain
- 1 15.5 oz. can chili beans do not drain
- 1 15.5 oz. can black beans do not drain
- 1 10 oz. can tomatoes with chilies do not drain
- 1 10.75 oz. can condensed tomato soup
- 2 TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove or 1 tsp fresh minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne powder
- First, brown meat and drain. Return meat to skillet, Heat on med.
- Toss in onions and peppers to lightly saute with meat.
- Mix in 3 cans of beans and tomatoes with their natural juices/ water.
- Stir in can of tomato soup of condensed soup (do not add water.) Allow to Simmer for 10 minutes.
- While simmering, add in chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne.
- Finally, it's ready to serve. Garnish with a pinch of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
This skillet chili can be doubled and kept warm in a large Crockpot.