This is a summertime staple. Whether it’s lunch, dinner, a quick low- carb snack, a party/ shower main dish to serve on a croissant, or our favorite~ paninis, this chicken salad is sure to please!
No pots and pans are required with this recipe. A can opener, large mixing bowl, firm mixing spoon, cutting board, and sharp knife are the only kitchen utensils needed.
- 1/4 cup carrots diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber diced
- 1 can canned chicken 12.5 oz Kirkland chunk chicken
- 2 tbs real mayonaise more or less may be used according to preference
- dash salt & pepper according to preference
- To begin, drain the chicken, break up the the chicken in large mixing bowl
- Secondly,combine the chopped vegetables and stir in a quarter cup of mayonnaise
- Finally, the most favored low- carb way of serving (and eating) this is in a heart of Romaine lettuce boat.
To make chicken salad paninis: replace the diced carrot and cucumber with 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella spreads on 4 standard slices of bread, topped with a tbs Italian Dressing, a tomato slice and another slice of bread. My favorite grill for this sandwich is the George Foreman Grill.