Because coconut flour has no gluten in it, it does not make a great cold sandwich bread. However, grilled cheeses, patty melts, and paninis work perfect! This bread is very thick and grainy (which I love because it is a meal in itself- slathered in butter and jam!) Unfortunately, it doesn’t stay together well in the toaster, so, I suggest warming up a piece in a buttered skillet.
Coconut Flour Bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c butter softened
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 8 TBS coconut flour
- 2 TBS arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium bowl mix eggs coconut oil, butter and almond milk (I call this the glue stage because it is truly wat holds this bread together.)
- In a large bowl sift together coconut flour, arrowroot powder and baking powder,
- Slowly blend in the ‘glue’ wet mixture into the dry flour bowl. Mix until it’s smooth.
- Allow batter to rest for 5 minutes
- Scoop batter into greased 7 in 3/8 bread pan in bake bread until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. 40 minutes.