This is not just an easy dinner to pull off on a busy weeknight, but I have doubled it and used it for a home fellowship group for well over 10 people. The crispy buttery goodness of this meal also qualifies it as a comfort food!
I love to stock up on the 12.5 ounce cans of chunk chicken. Walmart’s Great Value brand or Costco’s Kirkland brand are my favorites.
Chicken, Broccoli,Rice, & Cheddar Bake
- 1 can chunk chicken drained
- 2 cups cooked rice perfect whole grain rice link
- 1 cup chopped broccoli coarsely chopped crown
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1 cup shreaded cheddar shredded colby jack works well too!
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt *for lower sodium use 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube Ritz Crackers Saltines work well too!
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- drain the chicken
- in a large mixing bowl combine the chicken, the cooked rice and the chopped broccoli
- Creamy Cheesy Sauce: in a separate bowl whip together the condensed soup, a cup of milk, a cup of shredded cheese, the garlic salt and pepper
- Fold the Creamy Cheesy Sauce into the chicken rice and broccoli mix
- spread in a lightly greased13 x 9 pan
- crush the tube of crackers, sprinkle on top of casserole, drizzle with the melted butter
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Bon Appetit!