Mexican Cactus Salad Side-dish
This colorful, festive, and tasty side dish is perfect alongside any Mexican Entree!
- Festive Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 c. Dona Marias Nopolitas (tender cactus) diced
- 1 c. canned corn drained
- 1 c. canned Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 c. diced green onion
- 1 TBS Cilntro dried and crushed
- 1 TBS garlic
- Drain and rinse the cactus. Dice 1 cup put in a mixing bowl.
- Drain Rotel tomatoes. add 1 c. to diced cactus in mixing bowl.
- Drain corn and stir 1 c. to previous ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Blend 1/2 c diced green onions, 1 TBS of cilantro and 1 TBS garlic to salad. mix well and add a pinch of salt to ignite flavors.
- Finally, chill salad for 1 hour before serving or let in marinate itself overnight in the refrigerator.